How to Prepare for International Roadcheck on May 16-18, 2023
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance's annual International Roadcheck will take place from May 16-18, 2023. This 72-hour inspection is designed to ensure the safety of commercial motor vehicles and their drivers. During this year's event, inspectors will focus on anti-lock braking systems (ABS) and cargo securement.
Here are seven tips to help you prepare for International Roadcheck:
- Conduct thorough pre-trip inspections and ensure that everything is working properly.
- Ensure your driver records, including commercial driver's license, medical certificate, and hours of service records, are up-to-date.
- Verify that your cargo is properly secured and within weight limits.
- Keep vehicle maintenance records up-to-date to ensure that your vehicle is current on inspections.
- Inspect your tires and all lights on your vehicle, including turn signals, headlights, and taillights.
- Regularly inspect your brakes and make repairs as necessary.
- Keep all necessary documentation, including permits, registrations, and insurance papers on hand and readily available.
By following these tips and regularly inspecting vehicles, drivers can ensure that their commercial motor vehicles are safe and well-prepared not only for the upcoming International Roadcheck but also for future trips.